- Robyn Cyr - Biography
Robyn Cyr has been involved in Economic Development and Tourism Development for the past 20 years. Robyn started her Economic Development career in Squamish working for Community Futures Howe Sound. Robyn has since taken her career throughout the province working for Community Futures, Regional Districts, and Indigenous communities in Squamish, Williams Lake, and the Shuswap region. Robyn started her own business in 2019, Brabyn Business Solutions, where she is now working with local communities and non-profit organizations on community and business development projects. Robyn also sits as a board director on the Shuswap Community Foundation, and the South Shuswap Chamber of Commerce.
Robyn currently lives in White Lake with her husband and together they have four daughters, and four grandchildren. Robin spends her spare time with her horses, four dogs, one cat, hiking, kayaking, cycling, snowshoeing, and Nordic skiing in this beautiful region of BC.
- Thursday February 08, 2024
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Writing Successful Grants to Fund Your Projects
Robyn Cyr has been involved in Economic Development and Tourism Development for the past 20 years and is coming to Sorrento Retreat and Conference Centre to share her knowledge and experience. You will learn how to:
- Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships with other organizations and Local, Provincial, and Federal government.
- Get to know your community in order to write a successful grant application.
- Tell the story of your project. How will this project benefit and meet the needs of your community or organization?
- Use the correct language for a successful grant application.
- Relate your story, tell them what you have done, and your successes.
- Make sure your organization meets the eligibility and criteria for the grant application. Make sure your project is a good fit.
- Make sure that the grant application represents all aspects of diversity.
A light lunch with vegan option is included with your program fee.