You will work as part of the kitchen and hospitality team at Sorrento Centre. The day-to-day work will be supervised by Kitchen Manager, Karrie Tennent. The staff team of the Sorrento Centre is under the direction of Executive Director Michael Shapcott.
We are seeking a person with experience in breakfast, lunch, dinner along with vegetarian and gluten free. Key qualities include excellent communications skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team. We go to great lengths to ensure an excellent experience through our hospitality, service and attitude – you will play a vital and a critical role in ensuring that the Sorrento Centre remains a “gathering place for all”.
During a typical summer week, the kitchen will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 1-year professional kitchen experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Valid Food Safe 1 certificate
- Demonstrate independent work ethic, while being a positive team player
- Strong organization and communication skills
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Operating and maintaining kitchen equipment
- Manage assigned staff in a team environment ensuring the tasks are getting done efficiently and effectively
- Prepare and cook dinners for groups between 15 to 300 people, depending on shift
- Ensure special dietary meals are prepared with care and consideration
- Inspect and ensure kitchen and food areas always maintain a standard of cleanliness
- Complete opening and closing checklists
- Support other areas of the kitchen
Salary and work conditions
- Starting $18.50/hour, negotiable commensurate with experience
- 40 hours/week. Hours can be adjusted to meet the needs of the Sorrento Centre and the successful candidate.
- This position requires your own transportation, and some early morning and/or late-night shifts may be required.
The Sorrento Centre meets and exceeds all public health and WorkSafe BC requirements. We monitor the dynamic public health environment and ensure that the health and well-being of our staff, guests and neighbours remains our top priority.
Please send a letter and attach resume describing your skills and experiences and work experience to Kathie MacDuff, Associate Director, Sorrento Centre, at email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as received.