Outdoor & Recreation Facilities
Enjoy the beautiful private beach
Lazy days with a good book, fun and frolic with the kids, or a quiet sunset
While staying at Sorrento Centre be sure to enjoy all the waterfront has to offer. Take in the beautiful view of Copper Island (a short paddle away), splash on the safe gentle grade pebble beach, take swim in the roped off swim area and a floating dock ~ all this and more is waiting for you at the end of a short walk through the shaded forest.
Sorrento Centre’s beach on Shuswap Lake is a private swim area open daily from 7:00 am – dusk. There is no life-guard on duty. The beach area features a volley ball court, portable toilets and change room.
Guests of the Centre who are registered on courses have unlimited free access to the beach.
St Francis Chapel
The outdoor chapel at Sorrento Centre is a beautiful place to take a moment to discover. We host many different type of activities in this chapel. Music events, weddings, and worship services play a special part in the chapel and in the daily life of the Sorrento Centre.
KEKULI at Sorrento Centre is a unique outdoor covered amphitheatre, with stage and fire circle.
- Sorrento Centre’s Kekuli is a large outdoor covered open space where you will enjoy classes and workshops, theatre arts presentations, concerts, spontaneous performing arts, free public lectures, evening events – dances and parties, even!
Sorrento Centre Labyrinth
- The brick paver labyrinth at Sorrento was installed in 1999. There has been a continued growing interest across the world in the labyrinth – its history, the meanings, personal experience as a practice for spiritual insight, and its expression in variety of forms.
- We welcome you to our labyrinth as a walking meditation, a spiritual practice or simply an opportunity to calm the mind and enjoy peace, quiet and reflection.
- A labyrinth is an ancient symbol that relates to wholeness. It combines the imagery of the circle and the spiral into a meandering but purposeful path. The Labyrinth represents a journey to our own center and back again out into the world. Labyrinths have long been used as meditation and prayer tools
Sorrento Centre Gardens
- There are beautiful gardens throughout the Sorrento Centres historic property. We encourage you to spend some time wandering through the gardens and lawns.
- There are beach trails and the Newsome Creek walking path to explore on the Sorrento Centre property. There are also a number of other trails around the Sorrento Centre that we encourage you to discover. For more information go to Shuswap Trails.