Wildfire Update (23 08 19)

Updated 11:30pm Friday August 18, 2023

Sorrento Centre has been evacuated due to local wildfires. All our guests and staff have left safely, and we wait until tomorrow to assess the situation.

How does this affect next week’s NimbleFingers workshops?
In the midst of uncertainty, the organizers of NimbleFingers workshops, scheduled to begin early next week have been assessing the situation and are advising participants to not come to Sorrento on Sunday, August 20th.

At this point, we can confirm that NimbleFingers Workshops is not commencing on its initially planned date of Sunday, the 20th. The situation surrounding the NimbleFingers Festival next weekend is dependent of many factors and we are closely monitoring developments to provide you with accurate and timely updates.

For general information about NimbleFingers, please contact NimbleFingers Directors Kelly Sherwin & Peter Mynett at info@nimblefingers.ca.

The Sorrento Centre values the health and well-being of our guests, staff and neighbours. This information will be updated as we continue regular monitoring of official sources.

At this point, please hold off reaching out to Sorrento Centre as our phone lines are not being monitored and our staff are temporarily relocated.

You might also like...