Summer Youth Staff
The perfect summer starts with the perfect summer job! Come join us for rewarding work in a positive and enriching environment.
We are building a dynamic team of young people to help make the “Summer at Sorrento Centre” experience extraordinary… not just for our guests (from the littlest to our elders) but for the summer youth staff too! We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated individuals to join our summer youth staff during summer. All the positions below are full-time, approximately 30-40 hours / week.
Take a look at this line up of exciting full-time Canada Summer Jobs for young people aged 16-30. Here’s a chance to gain valuable paid work experience and build employability skills for the future. Shared accommodation is available at Sorrento Centre if required.
Beach LIfeguard responsible for the safety and positive experience of participants and staff on the waterfront during Sorrento Centre’s summer program. (1-2 positions – July to August)
- The waterfront is an important part of the experience at Sorrento Centre and lifeguards are required to positively role model, teach and politely enforce waterfront safety rules and regulations for all guests and staff. Supervise and support the waterfront program, including lifeguarding (NL required). Supervise and lead the waterfront activities for the Child & Youth summer program and perform administrative and organizational tasks related to their function.
Early Childhood Educator caring, energetic and committed to providing a safe and engaging experience for the children of guests attending our summer programs. (1 position – July to August)
- You are an educator who is excited about caring for children 4 years of age and younger and can supervise and coordinate activities of childcare assistant(s). Must work well within a team environment. You will plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children, maintain equipment, and assist in light housekeeping, cleaning, and laundry duties relevant to childcare, and the ability to communicate effectively with parents.
Early Childhood Assistants caring, energetic, creative and committed to providing a safe and quality experience for the children of guests attending our summer programs. (1-2 positions – July to August)
- You are someone who can support the early childhood educator in carrying out a childcare program that promotes the physical, emotional, and social development of children under the age of 5 years. You are passionate about ensuring a welcome, supportive, and inclusive environment where children are engaged in activities. You can maintain daycare equipment and assist in necessary housekeeping duties.
Summer Program Leaders enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated individuals plan and supervise engaging programs for the children and youth of Sorrento Centre guests, and work alongside the summer youth staff (2 positions – May to August)
- You are excited about planning and supervising engaging programs for the children and youth of Sorrento Centre guests and working alongside the summer youth staff. The ideal candidates, reporting to the Child & Youth Coordinator, will assist with program and administrative duties, supervise children and youth in summer program during daily activities, mentor summer youth staff, supervise and be a liaison between summer youth staff and Sorrento Centre’s management team. Must work well within a team environment.
Child & Youth Program Staff energetic, and creative individuals to co-lead and supervise children and youth participating in the activities of the summer Child & Youth program. (6 positions – July to August)
- Once the 5-week summer program is completed, individuals will be moved to alternate departments for the remainder of the summer work term.
Videographer/Digital Storyteller to gather images and videos to document the various activities in and around the centre. (1 position – May to August)
- You are outgoing, personable and creative, with the ability to interact with and engage people of all ages. You are detail-oriented and can keep excellent records to maintain a growing archive of digital assets, new and historical. You have a sound understanding of various social media platforms, and will distribute images, videos, and promotional material as per the communications protocol of Sorrento Centre. This would be an excellent opportunity for a student of digital marketing or similar education stream.
Maintenance & Groundskeepers to provide routine maintenance, landscape maintenance and gardening of Sorrento Centre grounds. (2 positions – May to August)
- The ideal candidates can handle physically demanding work performing tasks including mowing, edging, weeding, and watering of lawns and flower beds, keeping walks, driveways, and entrances clean, raking, and collecting refuse along with other routine jobs such as moving equipment and supplies, painting and repairs as directed by the Grounds & Maintenance Manager.
Kitchen Staff responsible for providing the dish cleaning and food services assigned to them with guidance from cooks and the Kitchen Manager. (2 positions – May to August)
- Kitchen staff must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. The kitchen staff must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace and follow all safety procedures.
Housekeeping-Room Attendant responsible to ensure a comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff. (2 positions – June to August)
- The ideal candidates will have a positive attitude, be physically capable, and work as part of a team. You know how to make a bed, clean a bathroom, how to wash, fold and iron laundry, know how to use a vacuum and wash floors. You will provide cleaning of guest rooms, including linen changes, interior windows, bathrooms, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, and restocking of accommodations along with laundry service support as required.