The Red Barn – under 5 Children’s Dedicated Space
We’ve started the refresh of the “Art Barn” and it’s ready for some of our most valued guests – the under-five crowd!
The building is set up to be used as a special play place for the little ones during the regular weeks of summer programming. Suitable for so many purposes, it can be used for other programs when needed as well as children’s parties and playgroups etc. throughout the year.
A Sorrento Centre 60th Five Stage Project: the traditions continue
Sorrento Centre offers youth programming for all ages during the five weeks of Sorrento Centre Summer Programming as well as Youth Retreats throughout the year. We want our children to anticipate the fun they are going to have here from summer to summer. A dedicated space we can improve upon over time is so much fun!
When programming concludes, this newly renovated space will be perfect for small group workshops or programs.
Please support Sorrento Centre as we move forward into the next 60 years by helping us create space for our preschool children. In our first phase, our goal is to raise $6,000 to cover the first stages.
STAGE One A (we’re almost there!)
- Clear and beautify outside entry at side of The Red Barn
- Install screen door at side entrance (coming!)
STAGE One B
- Purchase more interlocking foam flooring for entire surface
- Purchase and install a change table (wall mounted) in bathroom
NEXT STAGES can be seen below…
So many improvements so far! The kids are having fun… but there are still some things to finish up. Can you help?
STAGE Two: September to November (or when funds allow)
- Relocate quonset
- Create fenced, grassed playground to the east of The Red Barn with main access at the side entrance
- Install a retractable awning to provide shade as needed
- Purchase equipment as determined i.e. sandbox, kiddies pool, other outdoor equipment etc.
STAGE Three: April to June 2024
- Remove garage door and install an imaginative entrance (a barn-like door, a castle door) to further enhance the Red Barn. This will become the main entrance
- Create an entry way (corral) for parents to drop off or pick up their children
STAGE Four: Ongoing
- There are always things we wish we could do, new toys to be had, playground equipment to be included.